- Augmented Reality Year in Review – 2009 « The Future Digital Life –
An excellent month-by-month rundown of AR ongoings/events last year, the year AR entered popular consciousness.
- How to Build a Memory Palace – wikiHow –
Instructions to create your own memory palace: a useful and widely used mnemonic system. Use this to build a place or series of places in your mind where you can store information that you need to remember.
- AT&T – 50 things we know now that we didn’t know this time last year –
Some stand-out factoids that weren’t with us this time last year.
Worth a look!
- Ten Psychology Studies from 2009 Worth Knowing About –
Several great psychology and neuroscience studies were published in 2009. Here are 10 of the most interesting and useful.
- iPhone Icon, Favicon, .ico Generator –
Helpful web app to create touchable buttons – just like I use on Digital Cortex Mobile.
- The Number 4 Blog –
A well-produced blog administered by my younger sister Laura, soon to be an intern at Vogue.
- The Millennials – Pew Research Center –
The Pew Research Center begin a yearlong series of original reports that explore the behaviors, values and opinions of today’s teens and twenty-somethings.
- Internet rules and laws: the top 10, from Godwin to Poe – Telegraph –
Meant to be funny, but there’s actually some useful stuff here!
- 13 Ways to Promote Your Next Blog Post –
Some great advice for noobs and pros alike.
- Twitter Guide Book – How To, Tips and Instructions by Mashable –
Great for clients looking to break into Twitter – very concise info.
- Use WordPress to Create Amazing Sites – WordPress Arena –
Some more inspiring sites and tools for WordPress development.
- NewTeeVee’s Next Big Thing List for 2009 –
Worth a read for anyone interested in the future of online television.
- Listorious: Discover the Best Twitter Lists –
The first, and probably best directory of awesome lists on Twitter.
- populair.eu –
Great set of links for multiple topics inc. web design, software, gadgets, news, social, music & video.
- 8 ways to make WordPress easier to use for your clients –
Useful for a couple of projects, and a good demonstration of the power of WordPress as a great content management system.
- 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die…in Spotify –
This guy has found 785 of the 1001 albums we’re all meant to hear before we die (according to a recent book), as Spotify links. Awesome.
- thiscyborglife – Gizmodo –
This week, Gizmodo is exploring the enhanced human future in a segment we call This Cyborg Life. It’s about what happens when we treat our body less as a sacred object and more as what it is: Nature’s ultimate machine.
- Joomla Developer’s Toolbox – Smashing Magazine –
My new hobby, and once again Smashing Mag has the ultimate article on how it all works.
- Ultimate Round-Up Of 60 Excellent Gimp Tutorials | Tutorials | instantShift –
I’m hoping to get a laptop soon, that’ll only run Open Source software. This list will come in handy.
- Color Scheme Designer 3 –
Mmmm – colour schemes! Useful for an upcoming project.