Here it goes. The first entry of my grand opus on Augmented Reality, and why I think it will be the most impacting new media form we have had since the rise of the Internet. I will serialise a total of 10,000 words, hyperlinked where appropriate, and with illustrations where possible. The title of this work is as follows:
Assessing an Augmented Future: What is Augmented Reality, What are its Potential Applications in the Entertainment Industry, and What Will its Emergence Mean for the User in Society?
- What is AR and what is it capable of?
- Gameware: A Case Study in AR Development
- Constructing a methodology
- Reverse Engineering: Locating AR within its wider context
- Deconstructing AR: assessing it’s socio-cultural impact
- Further Reading
Please stick with me, I plan to release each element over a the next few weeks beginning today with Part 2, my research abstract. Grab an RSS feed and please chip in with your contributions.